TotRags is on Etsy!   CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE   
Purchasing is secured through PayPal.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LOVING THIS!

OK, so I have to make a confession. I have a hard time placing fabrics together that just don't go together. Fashion for the last couple of years has been nuts...in my opinion! Everything is mis-matched. Florals with leather, with stripes, with neons, with a purple scarf, yellow ballet slippers, and a russian hat - and you're couture! Like this girl

Tavi Gevinson
she's a really big deal in fashion right now... I just don't get it. In fact, from the look on her face and her pose, maybe she's just as confused as I am.

Here's what I do get - how a few pieces of cleverly placed material can become something wonderful...I get it - I just don't have the confidence to do it.

Right now I am loving this: Car Seat Book Holder


I would never have come up with this - well maybe the design, but it would be all coordinating colors & similar fabrics...cuz I'm stuck up like that.

I love the idea so much that I am going to make one for my boys...and I will try to be like a hippie and just pull random pieces from my fabric piles and turn it into something beautiful like she did...

Honestly forget I said that, I have a bunch of dark colored courduroy that will make a beautiful little car library...I'm such a dud!

No comments:

Post a Comment